Grimaud and the villages of the Gulf of Saint-Tropez are a land of art and culture.
Throughout the year, artists are honored in the many art galleries of Grimaud, during temporary exhibitions in the cobbled streets of the village, concerts and theatrical performances.
But summer is the festival season and our Provençal villages are poetic and enchanting settings for these grandiose shows.
Here are 4 musical events not to be missed.
Every Tuesday until the middle of the night, free concerts and shows follow one another. The lakeside city and its medieval village will be flooded with artists from all over the world for the occasion, who will mingle with a multitude of spectators.
The Grimaldines will have the opportunity to enjoy 4 exceptional concerts in the medieval castle of Grimaud:
– Imany on July 17
– Sinclair on July 24
– Jehro on July 31
– Michel Fugain on 7 August
The Jazz Festival in Ramatuelle
The 33rd edition will take place this year from August 16 to 20 and will be jointly organized by Jacqueline Franjou, Michel Boujenah and the festival team. Renowned talents and rising stars will rock the stage during these five evenings.
After the opening night on August 16th, come out and cheer
– File under Zawinful on August 17
– Weare4 August on 18
– Fred Hersch Trio on August 19
– Hugh Coltman – Who’s Happy on August 20
The « off » festival will be enjoyed in « garden party » version as soon as the first blues notes mingle in the Jardin du Théâtre de Verdure. An enchanting setting, where you can enjoy small award-winning wines and savour local food in the evening. Combine that with the relaxation of a cosy atmosphere, put all of these together and you have the tastiest cocktail ever.
Les Délices sonores (The Sound Delights)
The electro festival is back for its 3rd edition, on August 9. Rémy Baldo, Jo Martin’s, Thomas Villard, Breakbot & Irfane, Joris Delacroix and Miguel Campbell have already been announced.
A one-of-a-kind event to dance until the end of the night in the heart of the Citadelle of Saint-Tropez against the backdrop of the immensity of the blue Mediterranean.
The Nights of the Château de la Moutte
From August 2 to 11, the Château de la Moutte in Saint-Tropez will offer a magnificent scenery for a series of 6 unforgettable evenings. The concerts will be organized in the courtyard of the castle, in the heart of the Palmeraie or even directly on the beach of Canebiers and which will welcome brilliant artists:
– Russian pianist Boris Berezovsky on August 2
– Manu Katché, Richard Bona, Mike Stern and Niels Lan Doky for a jazz evening in honor of Didier Lockwood on August 4
– Dee Dee Bridgewater, American soul jazz legend on August 6
– Musicologist Nicolas Dufetel followed by the sublime soprano Patricia Petibon accompanied on piano by Susan Manoff on August 7.
– The virtuosos Renaud Capuçon on violin and Guillaume Bellom on piano on 8 August
– Pianist Simon Ghraichy will blend South American and classical music on August 11